P.S.S.A and SPORT
Click here to go to the Castle Hill PSSA website
Years 3-6 take part in regular sports activities at school. They are given the opportunity to be members of various sports teams, which play in competitive games every Friday. This is referred to as PSSA (Primary School Sport Association). Our school is also involved in State Knockout competitions in a variety of competitive sports.
We also offer skills development activities in cricket, AFL etc. throughout the year.
We currently play:
* Cricket, Soft-ball, T-Ball, Touch Football and Basketball during Terms 1 and 4 (summer)
* AFL, Soccer, NRL, Netball and Newcombe Ball during Terms 2 and 3 (winter)
For school sport carnivals the students are placed in one of 4 house groups.
- The school holds its annual Swimming Carnival in Term 1 at a local public pool. This usually involves only the Years 3-6 students with some older Year 2 children, who are capable of swimming 50 meters unaided, permitted to attend. A two week swim school for non-swimmers is offered during the year.
- Our Cross - Country is held at school with the Kindergarten students running inside the school grounds and all other students following a course that begins within the school, follows a footpaths nearby the school and then concludes back within the school grounds. Teachers and dedicated parent volunteers are at checkpoints throughout the course to ensure students safety and that they complete the correct course for their age group.
- Our Athletics carival is held off-site at Blacktown International Sportspark and usually happens during the winter months.
- Parents are always welcome at any of these events as both helpers and spectators.
- From our school carnivals, students move on to Zone, then Area and State levels of competition.
- Every student has the opportunity to take part in sporting activities.
- In K-2 this may be gross motor activities, including gymnastics and dance.
- Sports in Schools Australia provides an exceptional sports program every Friday for students that do not represent the school at PSSA sport.